ABC NEWS NEPAL | No.1 News channel of Nepal
३ भदौ २०८३, बुधबार
  • होमपेज
  • मुख्य समाचार
  • अर्थ वाणिज्य
  • विचार
  • खेलकुद
  • अन्तर्राष्ट्रिय
  • प्रदेश विशेष
  • राजनीति विशेष
  • ENGLISH
  • समाचार
  • विशेष
  • रिपोर्ट
  • विचार
  • अर्थ वाणिज्य
  • जीवनशैली
  • प्रदेश विशेष
  • मनोरञ्जन
  • खेलकुद
  • ENGLISH
  • प्रदेशबिशेष
    • कोशी
    • मधेश
    • बागमती
    • गण्डकी
    • वाग्मती
    • कर्णाली
    • सुदूरपश्चिम
  • सोसल भिडिया
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Youtube
  • Instagram

Israel Launches Criminal Investigation Into Killing of Five-Year-Old Hind Rajab


ABC NEWS
३ भदौ २०८३, बुधबार   १० : ४५   बजे

Kathmandu— More than two years after five-year-old Hind Rajab was killed in Gaza, becoming an emblem of the conflict’s devastating impact on children, Israel’s military announced a criminal investigation into her death on Wednesday. The announcement follows long-standing accusations against Israeli forces and comes after journalistic investigations revealed details surrounding the incident, including that troops fired at the vehicle carrying Rajab and her family while they attempted to evacuate Gaza City in January 2024. While acknowledging its soldiers fired upon the car, Israel’s military stated the investigation was prompted by alleged failures in coordinating with the Palestine Red Crescent ambulance attempting to reach the wounded child.

Timeline of Events

On January 29, 2024, Hind Rajab died from her injuries while trapped inside a car surrounded by the bodies of her relatives. Her family had been forcibly displaced earlier that day and were attempting to comply with Israeli orders to leave Gaza City when their vehicle was struck by over 300 bullets fired by Israeli forces. Palestinian Red Crescent workers attempted to reach Rajab, but were reportedly blocked by Israeli troops. Paramedics maintained contact with the child via phone until communication was lost.

Admission of Fire

The military’s statement on Wednesday marked the first time Israel has admitted shooting at the car carrying Hind Rajab and her family. The announcement follows a review of 150 incidents involving troop conduct during Israel’s war in Gaza, though criminal investigations will not be launched into several other attacks, including those targeting aid workers from World Central Kitchen and Doctors Without Borders.

Calls for International Probe

Hind Rajab’s grandmother, also named Hind Rajab, expressed skepticism about the Israeli investigation, calling for an international probe to ensure accountability for her granddaughter's death and the deaths of other children in Gaza. “An international investigation is required to uncover the truth and hold all those responsible accountable,” she told The Associated Press. Al Jazeera’s Hani Mahmoud reported that Gazans are similarly doubtful the investigation will deliver justice.

Rajab as a Symbol

Hind Rajab quickly became a symbol of civilian suffering in Gaza, with her recorded pleas for help widely circulated on social media and drawing international condemnation. An Al Jazeera investigation revealed the Israeli tank responsible was likely positioned close enough to clearly identify civilians inside the vehicle. A docu-drama detailing the events surrounding Hind Rajab’s death has been nominated for Best International Feature Film at the 2026 Oscars.

The military said it is also reviewing the killing of 15 Palestinian medics in March 2025, but past investigations into Israeli troop conduct have rarely resulted in convictions.

(With inputs from Al Jazeera)

Originally published on abcnews.com.np.

प्रतिक्रिया दिनुहोस्

ताजा अपडेट

प्रधानमन्त्री बालेनसँग सम्बन्ध चिसिएको विषयमा रविको स्पष्टीकरण : ‘व्यक्तिगत दुश्मनी होइन, विचारको मतभेद हो’

किशोर श्रेष्ठलाई पक्राउ नगर्न उच्च अदालत पाटनको अन्तरिम आदेश

सम्बन्धित

North Korean Official Denies Communication Between Kim Jong Un and US President

China Achieves First Land Recovery of Reusable Zhuque-3 Rocket

US and Canada Reach Trade Agreement, Avoiding New Tariffs

US Calls For De-Escalation In Syria As Israeli Strikes Escalate

Israeli Airstrikes Kill Ten Palestinians in Gaza, Prompting Condemnation from Hamas

Palestinian Authority Condemns Israeli Tender for Major West Bank Settlement Expansion

ABC NEWS NEPAL | No.1 News channel of Nepal
एबीसी मिडिया ग्रुप प्रा.लि.
  • सूचना विभागमा दर्ता नं. : २००१।०७७–०७८
  • कार्यालय सम्पर्क
  • Lazimpat, Ranibari- Kathmandu - 3
    +977 01 4240666 / 977-014011122
    Admin: [email protected]
    News: [email protected]
    विज्ञापनका लागि सम्पर्क
  • +977 9802082541, 9802060000
    [email protected]
साइट नेभिगेशन
  • गृहपृष्‍ठ
  • समाचार
  • विशेष
  • अन्तर्वार्ता
  • एबीसी विज
  • जीवनशैली
  • मनोरञ्जन
  • विचार
  • SS Opinion
एबीसी मिडिया ग्रुप प्रा.लि.टीम
  • अध्यक्ष / प्रधान सम्पादक : शुभशंकर कँडेल
  • प्रबन्ध निर्देशक : शारदा शर्मा
  • सम्पादक : डण्ड गुरुङ
  • सह-सम्पादक : कविराज बुढाक्षेत्री
©2026 ABC NEWS NEPAL | No.1 News channel of Nepal | Website by Appharu